Refresh of Map Tiles, Geocoding, Routing
Today we’re releasing a new CloudMade platform. As well as building out new products, we’ve been busy making the CloudMade APIs that you depend on better, faster, cheaper and more stable. I’d like to share some highlights with you:
- >99.9% uptime on Map Tiles, Geocoding, Routing in 2012.
- Uninterrupted service delivery through 3 Amazon AWS outages.
- We continued pushing the envelope of AWS’ capabilities to reduce costs, improve speed and stability.
- Leaflet has hit its 0.5 release to become the leading HTML5 map library on the web. More big Leaflet news to come over the next few weeks.
- The global OpenStreetMap community now numbers over 1,000,000 contributors who are curating and creating the world’s biggest and best map.
In 2013 we’re passing the benefits directly to you. We have simplified our pricing and from the 1 March we’re rolling out new, lower priced services:
- Map Tiles: $25 per million tile transactions. First 500,000 free each month
- Geocodes: $15 per 100,000 geocoding transactions. First 10,000 free each month
- Routes: $15 per 100,000. First 100,000 free each month
All users – paid or not – get the great service you expect from CloudMade:
- 99.9% uptime SLA or 2x your money back
- 24 hour guaranteed email response times
- SSL for just $2 extra per million map tiles
Its been a great ride over the last 4 years at CloudMade. The developer community has built some stunning apps, websites and services. The CloudMade team are here to make the next 4 years even bigger and better.